At the start of March, I received a nominated for the Liebster award. A few weeks later, Georgia from McKinley Milestones nominated me for a second one! Then, a couple of days ago, I received another nomination, this time from Kaela Moora over at The Girl Who Blogs. All I can say is thank you so much for thinking of me.
It’s high time to get this post out of the draft section and out on the web methinks (hehehe).
- Publicly thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Include a copy of the award image in your post.
- Post 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
- Choose 11 new bloggers who you think deserve the award (they need to have less than 200 followers). Include a link to their blog and share the good news with them.
- Write up 11 new questions for your nominated bloggers to answer.
That about sums it up 😀
11 facts about yours truly
- When I wanted to watch an animation movie as a teen, I would bring my little sister and brother along so that it would seem I went to the movies for them instead of for me.
- I am fluent in both French and English.
- How to Train Your Dragon has one of the best soundtracks (and is an awesome movie) in my opinion.
- I always wear mismatched socks.
- During my pregnancy, I could not stop eating apples!
- I have 33 (yes, you read that correctly) teeth.
- One of the desserts I make requires only 3 ingredients and no cooking! It’s so easy even my father-in-law could make it (hehehe).
- The best way to annoy me is to play some Christmas music.
- I hate shopping for clothing but love shopping for shoes (as long as they’re not high heels).
- I’ve sprain my middle toe before. I needed crutches for a couple of weeks…
- In all honesty, I never thought I’d still be blogging after 4 months. I am so proud of myself for persevering.
My answers to the questions asked by Georgia
- If you could have any superhero power what would it be? The ability to be instantly transported to wherever I want to go.
- What is a favorite childhood memory you have? Going up in the hospital elevator with my dad to go meet my brand new sister.
- What is the last song you listened to? This is Berk.
- What is your favorite color? Yellow!
- If you had a to fight a dinosaur, which one would you want to fight? The small inoffensive kind.
- Big city or small town? Small town.
- Whats your favorite restaurant? Zento! (It’s an awesome sushi place!)
- What can’t you live without? My laptop.
- What drives you bonkers? People chewing with their mouths open.
- Would you rather repeat an awesome vacation or go somewhere new? Go somewhere new.
- Shower or Bath? Bath! (But I’m not sure I even remember what a proper bath is like now that I have a baby at home).
My answers to the questions asked by Kaela
- What is your favorite book? Le Petit Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (if you saw the state of my book, you’d understand)
- What is your dream job? Over here, we call it “orthopédagogue”, basically, one-on-one teaching to individuals who have learning difficulties such as dyslexia and AD(H)D (and a whole other range of learning challenges)
- Who inspires you? My students, who keep on pushing and pushing despite the hurdles life has set up for them.
- If you had to describe yourself in one word, what would it be? Shy
- Cabin or beach house? Why? Hum, cabin, I think. Less risk of floods XD (besides, I’m not much of a beach girl)
- If you could learn to do anything, what would it be? Make a pie crust without losing patience and deciding to go out and buy one instead :P. Actually, if anything could be taught, I would love to learn to draw, because though I’m very artistic, I have trouble drawing recognizable stick figures…
- What does your name mean? Wisdom
- What is your best memory? Holding my son in my arms for the first time.
- What is one chore you absolutely hate doing? Dusting. Bleh, always makes me sneeze.
- If you were immortal for a day, what would you do? Do all of those dangerous activities that I’m much too scared to attempt in my mortal body.
- Why do you write? Because I just love it.
- Enigmatic Crossroads
- With the Grace of Mae
- Writing in White
- Raising a PIC
- No Such Thing as a Tabula Rasa
- Stumbling Through Parenting
- Fat Vegan Baby
- Little Dinosaur Baby
- Bel Atelier
My 11 questions
- If you could be any animal, what would you be?
- If something were named in your honor, what would you want it to be?
- What’s one of the craziest things you’ve done?
- If you could change your name, what would you change it to?
- What’s the furthest away from home you’ve been?
- What is your favorite drink?
- What came first, the chicken or the egg?
- If you could learn another language, what would it be?
- Besides blogging, what are your other hobbies?
- What’s the funnest board/table game you’ve ever played?
- Time to be spontaneous! Complete the following sentence: Clouds are funny because… (not really a question, I know, but still…)