I ought warn you: I’m going to be talking about poop.
Don’t want to read about poop? I don’t blame you. I wouldn’t want to read about poop either.
That’s why I won’t be angry at you if you turn around and don’t read the post.
I’ll just shut my eyes a few seconds and let you back away.
Beep, beep, beep…
Oh! So you’re still here eh? OK then, you asked for it.
Allow me to try to bestow some of the knowledge that I have scooped up so far in my whole 6 months of motherhood.
8 Pearls of poppy knowledge
1. You’re an expecting parent? Be ready to become obsessed with poop. Its color, its texture, its frequency… Yeah…seriously.
2. Breastmilk only poop smells good (can’t talk about formula only poop, is someone brave enough to fill me in on this?). And by good, I mean a lot less stinky than the poop produced after the introduction of solids *gag*.
3. Washable diapers are a must. They contain the poop much better. No blowouts!
4. Washable diapers are a bust. You have to start rinsing them once solids have started (because, at first, the poop isn’t solid) and that is rather disgusting.
5. In breastfed babies (again, I don’t know if this is the case for formula fed babies), absence of poop is a telltale sign of a growth spurt.
6. Incidentally, you’ll know a growth spurt is over when your baby starts to poop like there’s no tomorrow.
7. You’ll be the one changing all of the poppy diapers. Because fathers never seem to be around when one happens (this is what happens in our household anyways).
8. It’s not abnormal for breastfed babies to skip several poopy days in a row. Be thankful when it happens.
There. That’s all I have to say.
But if you want to scoop up more poop – no, wait, that’s not right – if you want another blogger’s scoop on poop, check out the Gag-Free Baby Poop Color Chart over at the Incredible Infant blog.