Little Dude has been cranking up the cuteness recently. He’s been copying what he sees his father and myself doing.
This morning, while I was taking my shower, he pulled the curtain aside and started handing me toys. Then, he decided to remove the full bag from the trashcan and try to close it. After that, he fetched another bag that was neatly folded at the bottom of the trashcan and proceeded to try to unfold it and put it in. When he was unable to get anywhere with the first bag, he tried with a second, third and fourth one until he gave up and just closed the trashcan. Then, as I tried to rinse my hair whilst avoiding getting any water in my infected ear, I started to hear a thud.thud.thud. When I pulled the curtain aside, I saw my son using the plunger on the closed toilet seat.
Sometimes, the little guy drives me completely nuts, but most of the time, he just completely makes my heart melt.
Some other stuff he’s picked up:
– He likes to brush his teeth when I’m done brushing his or when he sees me brush mine.
– He wants to brush his hair when he sees me take care of mine.
– He grabs a kleenex, brings it up to his nose, blows on it with his mouth, wipes his nose and the proceeds to put the kleenex in the trashcan. Sometimes, he even brings a kleenex up to my nose to make me blow my nose.
– He grabs a storybook and “reads” out loud.
– He consistently eats with a fork. Though he still uses his hands quite a bit, he has gotten really good with a fork.
– He often grabs pots and pans and cooks up a storm on the kitchen floor
– He puts things in the recycling bin (sometimes, though, “things” include toys so we always have to check before taking it out).
Did I mention that I love the kiddo to bits?