I thought I’d go ahead and share some of my favourites when it comes to meals around here. I was thinking of sharing a recipe every week to two weeks. Today, I’d like to share a curry recipe (I LOVE curries!). It’s made with chickpeas, but you could easily substitute for chicken or shrimp if you wanted to. I like to serve this with rice, but it’s also great with some mini pitas to soak up all the curried goodness at the end!
Simple Chickpea Curry (4 portions)
Nutrition facts (per portion): Fat: 5g, Protein: 6g, Carbohydrates: 21g, Energy value: 160kcal
Source: Kilo cardio – alimentation, exercice et motivation pour atteindre votre poids santé
- 10 ml (2 tsp.): olive oil
- 125 ml (1/2 cup): onion, chopped
- 10 ml (2 tsp.): curry powder
- 20 ml (4 tsp.): all purpose flour
- 250 ml (1 cup): reduced sodium chicken stock
- 90 ml (6 tbsp.): lite coconut milk
- One 796 ml can: chickpeas
- 250 ml (1 cup): broccoli
- 250 ml (1 cup): cauliflower
- 250 ml (1 cup): red and orange bell peppers
- To taste: salt, pepper, cinnamon, ginger
- Sauté onion in olive oil. Add curry powder and ginger.
- Add flour, stir and add in the chicken stock and coconut milk. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, add the chickpeas and veggies and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are cooked to taste.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
- Double the amount of chicken stock if you want more curry sauce.
- Save time by preparing your ginger in advance. Just peel a few hands of ginger, puree with some olive oil and freeze in some ice cube moulds.
If you like this recipe, you can download a nifty pdf printable version. Just click on the link beside the image!
Do you have an awesome recipe to share?