1. Wow, I feel like it’s been forever since I’ve done one of these.
2. Bear with me, I’m still trying to find a balance between crocheting, baking and blogging. I’m thinking I may decide to blog on fixed days just to help me get back into a rhythm.
3. The weather is finally getting warmer around here. We’re up on in the pluses (just barely) for a couple of days this week. It’s a welcome change from the frigid months we’ve been having.
4. The changing weather has gotten me primed for Spring/Summer sports. I want to buy a balance bike for Charles so I’ve been reading quite a bit to see which one would be best for him. Do you have any suggestions?
5. Following my post on winter car seat safety, I reinstalled the base for the bucket seat in both cars and, following one of the tips I’d read, I tried getting the toddler in his seat without his coat. To my surprise, it actually wasn’t all that bad and he actually prefers it that way (I no longer hear him whine that he’s too hot!) so I’m going to keep my kids out of coats during winter in the future.
6. Amélie has been rather miserable the past two days. Her top teeth are just about to cut, so I can’t really blame her.
7. Speaking of teeth, and what they’re used for, the little miss is ROCKING solids! Let me tell you, she knows exactly where it goes and she is not happy when we sit her in her chair without food. So far, she’s had steamed broccoli, cucumber “fries”, applesauce (on a loaded spoon which she grabs), avocado, banana and toast strips.
8. Now that baby girl can stay in a seated position unassisted for long periods of time, I have started bathing her with her brother in the big tub (no worries, I always have a hand on her). The first time they went in together, Charles was so happy and he remained calm for as long as his sister was sitting beside him.
9. This Sunday, we are going to a sugar shack (yum!). Now that Charles isn’t as allergic to dairy (the only thing we have to still steer clear of is fresh milk), it’ll be even funner than the first time we went.
10. There are only two classes left in Charles’ winter swim session :(. When the new session starts, both he and his sister will be taking lessons (Charles is old enough to be in the water without parents now). And after seeing how happy baby girl was in the tub, I can’t wait to see how she’ll be in the pool!