So, I’ve been doing this parenting thing for a little over four years now and I’ve got a few unanswered questions. Perhaps one of you more experienced parents could help me answer them. Or, do you have your own to add to the list?
- Why does the baby always wake up as soon as I’m on the verge of falling asleep?
- Why does the toddler insist on eating everything with her hands except stuff that should actually be eaten with one’s hands?
- Why does the baby always wait to be put in a fresh diaper before pooping?
- While I’m at it, why does the baby always have to spit up all over his and my freshly cleaned clothes?
- Why do the kids always want to listen to the same song/watch the same movie/read the same book over and over and over and over…again? (For the record, the song of the moment is “Let it go”.
- Why are the kids always ready to leave in record time when I’ve got time to spare, but take forever to get dressed when I’m in a hurry to leave?
- Why does the toddler have to put on her underwear, pants and shirt the wrong way around every single day? (Mind you, I’m not complaining, she gets dressed by herself).
- Why does a sudden urge to pee always happen when we are at the farthest possible distance to a toilet?
- Why is it that on the one night the baby decides to sleep well, the toddler or 4 year old have to wake up screaming or crying?
- Why does the washroom have to become the new communal area (oh, don’t mind me, I’m just sitting here pooping. Sure, why don’t you come sit on me with your story!)?
No words can describe how much I love the little buggers.