I was recently nominated by wonderful Elizabeth over at The Comfortable Coop to receive this award. If you’ve never been by her blog, I really urge you to take a look. It’s filled with loveliness, yummyness, funnyness and all of the other cool “ness” words you can think of (or make up).
So there, thank you Elizabeth!
Now, as is the case with all of the blogging awards I’ve seen around, this one has rules. Namely:
- Thank the person who nominated you and leave a link to their blog
- Post about the award. Share 7 facts about yourself.
- Nominate, AT MOST, 15 people.
- Tell your nominees the good news!
7 facts about myself
- This song is always guaranteed to put me in a good mood.
2. The book that I’ve read the most often in my life is Antoine de Saint-Exupéry’s Le Petit Prince.
3. I don’t kill bugs. Not even spiders. Not even when they’re in the house. I either let them be or relocate them. In fact, I’ve been known to go out of my way to save a drowning spider in my tub or an earthworm chillin’ behind one of the tires of my vehicle on a rainy day.
4. I’ve have the unfortunate experience of sitting on the toilet with the seat up in the middle of the night. I’ve also had the unfortunate experience of sitting on the toilet with the potty ring still on in the middle of the night. Come to think of it, I’ve also that the unfortunate experience of sitting on the toilet with the cover closed whilst really having to pee in the middle of the night.
5. I got married last May at my house. I was 36 weeks pregnant with Elliot. There were a total of 20 people including my husband, two children and myself.
6. The only reliable method I’ve found to stop biting my nails is to put nail polish on them. Which reminds me, I really should be putting some on right about now.
7. I’ve only been out of the country (Canada) three times. Once when our family moved from Alberta to Québec and my dad drove through the US to save us from the boring sights of the Prairies. Once when I went to France and Belgium on a trip with my school band. Once when I went to New York for 4 day with my mom and her friend when Charles was 9 months old (which, by the way, was the WORST idea ever given that I was still nursing and ended up being super engorged for the whole trip).
Here are the bloggers I nominate for this award
- A Little Something Extra is a wonderful blog about a mama who has a beautiful and lively 2 year old with T21.
- Bucket List Publications Just wow. Lesley decided to live life as she wanted to. She has been to over 50 countries over the World and isn’t even close to stopping. The pictures she posts of her experiences make me want to be right there with her.
- Fibromy-Awesome is written by a 30-something year old who has been dealt a nasty hand of cards (Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome) in life. Her posts are full of thought and always an interesting read. Plus, she also doesn’t kill spiders.
- Living Lighter in Atlanta is written by Valerie, an amazing woman, homeschooling mom of 4 kids (well, actually, she homeschools 3 of them because her fourth is 7 months old) and super organized minimalist. She has become a true friend over the years and is the one who “showed me the ropes” when I started blogging a little over 4 years ago.
- My Caffeinated Chaos is written by a mom of 4 who brings the funnies to my days.
- Raising 5 Kids With Disabilities and Remaining Sane Blog: I know, it’s quite a mouthful to say, but this blog is really worth reading (as is her book!).
Hope everyone is having a great day!