Sunday Runday are a series of posts that I will post (you guessed it!) every Sunday. In it, I will be writing down my fitness plan for the week. These posts are meant first and foremost to motivate myself, however if they motivate you too, then that’s awesome!
Please feel free to comment, leave suggestions, give words of encouragement… If you would like to link to a post you wrote regarding fitness, nutrition or your week’s plan, the comment section of this post is the place to do so!
Right now, each week consists of 3 days of running and 1 day of at-home crossfit-type workout. I’m planning on expanding to 2 days of the crossfit-type workout once it stops taking me three days to recover.
I am currently following the C25K (Couch to 5K) training program for my runs.
As for the crossfit sessions, they are broken into two sections: strength and WOD (or workout of the day). They are based on a 6 week plan that Simply Sadie Jane has posted on her blog. To keep myself motivated and encouraged, I have given myself the following “rules”.
- My goal is to finish everything in 20 minutes
- If I start a set and my 20 minutes are over, I have to finish the whole set. This avoids me, for example, doing my lunges very slowly when I see the 20 minute mark approaching so that can get out of doing burpees hehe.
How last week went
- Runs: Runs were really great. Unfortunately, Mother Nature decided to bring us back down to freezing temps so I did all three runs indoors. The hardest run was my Thursday 22 minute run. For some reason, I think it would have been easier to do outdoors. However, it wasn’t as bad as last weeks’s 20 minute run so I’m encouraged!
- Crossfit: I got around to doing my crossfit-type workout last week. Yay! I even managed to get through all 50 burpees. I was completely shattered at the end and still had another 10 minutes left, but I got through it. I was wicked proud of myself. I managed to do 3 rounds in my AMRAP section (15 box jumps, 5 pushups). By the end, I was so tired that I ended up bruising a finger by giving myself a swing with my arms to jump up. Ouch! Oh well, small price to pay!
This week’s plan
This week’s going to be a little different. Given that I went out to see some friends last night, got home at half-past midnight and that I stuffed my face at the sugar shack literally two hours ago, there is no way I’m going to be able to run today and not hurt myself.
Stuff-my-face-full-of-yumminess Rest day.
Monday: Run (C25K week 7, day 1)
- Brisk 5 min warm up walk
- Run: 25 min. jog
- 5 min cool down walk
Tuesday: Rest day
Wednesday: Run (C25K week 7, day 2)
- See Monday run
Thursday: Rest day
Friday: Run (C25K week 7, day 2)
- See Monday run
- Strength: Weighted squats (weights next to hips) 8 – 8 – 8 – 8 – 8
- WOD: 10 minute AMRAP
- 10 jumping squats
- 10 jumping back and forth
- 10 air squats
- 10 plank side crunches
What are you doing to keep in shape this week?