If you’re new to this series of posts, I recommend you start here to get a sense of what I’ve been up to.
How last week went
- Runs: My runs were really interesting! Changing from a heel strike to a forefoot strike is going well. My body seems to be adjusting nicely to the change. I mistakenly did my Sunday run twice as long as it should have and my calves were on fire for the three following days. I was also really out of breath which I found weird as I was just doing 1 min run followed by 1 min walk 10 times (though I should have done it 5 times). After looking at my splits though, I understood why: by running at the recommended 180 steps per minute, I was doing splits of 5:50/km pace. I have never done that before! On Tuesday, I ran at 170 steps per minute which was better and on Thursday I ran at 160 which I found a bit slow. I reckon my comfort zone is somewhere in between.
- Crossfit: The Australian pull-ups…whoa! They were hard BUT I managed to do them (which is more than I can say for my ability to do regular pull-ups). I found it really encouraging and am looking forward to doing more! As for the rest, I managed to finish with 2 minutes to spare in my 20 minute cutoff goal. I was really happy as I was certain I’d never have time to finish.
Week 9 plan
- Forefoot drills (5 minutes)
- 15 minute run (2 min. run /1 min. walk) x 5
- 5 minute cool down walk + stretches
Monday: Rest day
- See Sunday run
Wednesday: Rest day
- See Sunday run
- Strength: Cleans 10-10-10-10-10 (5 for each arm with a 15lb kettlebell)
- WOD: 8 rounds
- 10 mountain climbers
- 10 jumping jacks
- 5 knee push ups
Saturday: Rest day
What are you doing to keep in shape this week?