Cheila over at Pink for Days posted questions for her readers on her blog. She encouraged us to reply in her comments section, but I decided to be a rebel and post my answers here. I’ve written about most of these things on my blog anyways over the years (gosh, that makes me sound old).
- What is your first name? Sophie
- Do you have a middle name? Nope
- Can you tell me your age and birthday? I’m 32. My birthday is in the first week of December (bonus points for anyone who figures out when exactly – it’s in my blog…somewhere).
- Where in the world are you? I’m in Eastern Canada
- What is your maternal language? What language do you speak at home? Do you speak any other languages? My maternal language is French. I also speak English (duh).
- Are you married? If so, how many years? Did you have a big wedding? I am! It’ll be a year on May 21st. We had a very small wedding. As far as I remember, there were 21 of us including, myself, my husband and our two kids (because I was pregnant with Elliot at the time).
- Are you single? Do you have a boyfriend? if so, how many years have you been together? Though my husband and I have been married less than a year, we’ve been together almost 10.
- Are you a mom or dad? How many babes do you have? Can you tell me their first names or nicknames and ages? I’m a mom to three beautiful littles. Charles (4), Amélie (2.5) and Elliot (9 months).
- What do you do for a living? You mean when I’m not on maternity leave? Ha! I’m a special ed teacher in high school.
- What did you study in University? Did you attend? I studied…wait for it…Education!
- What’s your favorite book? Do I really have to pick one? Hum: Le Petit Prince, The Harry Potter series and the His Dark Materials series are among my favourites.
- What’s your favorite movie? I really enjoy Les Choristes.
- What is your favorite band or artist? I love Mauvais Sort. I also enjoy The Civil Wars.
If we’re talking instrumental, I’d go with James Galaway or Jean-Pierre Rampal (two amazing flutists).
- What is your favorite food? Oh sushi! Definitely sushi.
- Do you have any hobbies? Too many. Gaming, crochet, running, reading, blogging, baking…
- What sports/activities do you practice? I run and do some at-home crossfit-like workouts.
- Do you have any pets? Can you tell me their names? Sadly no. We had leopard geckos before having kids. I’ve talked my husband into letting me have a dog once all our kids are in school.
- What time is it for you right now? Right now, it’s 5:17pm. But this post is scheduled for 8am tomorrow (March 27th).
- Why do you blog? I blog to connect with others, to comment, exchange ideas, empty my too-full mind, share the craziness that comes with having three young kiddos. I also love writing.
- What do you love about blogging? Is there something you don’t like? I love commenting and replying to comments others take the time to write. I’m not sure if there’s anything I don’t like about blogging.
So, there you have it. Now you all know a little more about me!
Do you have a question for me? Leave it in the comments section and I’ll gladly answer. If anyone else would like to post their answers to these 20 questions (or a selection of them), feel free to link your post.