Sometimes, you get up in the morning (at 5:45 no less because that’s when the baby happened to decide it was time to start the day) and you say to yourself carpe diem! If I’m going to get up this early, I may as well make the most of my day.
Sometimes, you make a whole bunch of grand plans for the day. Plans like:
- doing the dishes from breakfast and your little brother’s midnight snack
- preparing the chili for the evening’s supper
- doing a load of laundry
- writing an email to consumer support to get the still-under-warranty diapers fixed
- sorting through a couple of boxes of baby clothes
- getting lunch ready
And that was just for this morning.
Sometimes, the baby also has a bunch of grand plans for the day. Plans like:
- being held
- wipe his runny nose all over his face
- run a fever
- imitate a purring kitten with every breath because he has chest congestion
Well, I managed to do a bit of dishes and I put a load in the washing machine. But, I’m mostly doing this:
Yup. So, I guess I’ll be wearing the baby for most of the day. Oh well, I can think of worse ways to spend the day.