First off, Happy Easter! I hope everyone is having a great weekend.
If you’re new to this series of posts, I recommend you start here to get a sense of what I’ve been up to.
So…runs are officially off the menu for a few weeks, which is a bummer. I’ve got an appointment with a physical therapist on Thursday so I’m hoping to get some exercises to strengthen the muscles I need for a forefoot strike. I’ve also called my osteopath to see how she can help me. It’s kind of a bummer because the weather is really warming up, but since I don’t want to injure myself further, I figure a break is for the best.
How last week went
- Crossfit: Yeah! I did my session with Charles who was over-the-moon at working out with his mama (and, gosh, 4 year olds rock squats like it’s the easiest thing in the world!). I finished with almost 7 minutes to spare and did some kettlebell to round up my workout to 20 minutes. It felt great!
- Squash: I unfortunately had to stop playing after 30 minutes because the pain in my left leg became so intense that I felt as though my tibia was going to snap in two if I took another step on it. Bleh… This is pretty much the catalyst that got me to see my doctor though, so I guess it’s a good thing. We did have a nice game though with some pretty awesome exchanges.
- Swimming: I was reminded of the fact that I love swimming. I swam for years before hitting adolescence and deciding to take on a more sedentary lifestyle. I wanted to ease into it, but the workout I picked was too easy. I ended up adding some laps at the end to get a good half-hour in the pool. Also, since Elliot decided to get landed with the flu (poor guy, seriously, he seems to be catching everything!) and I had only 3 hours of sleep on Wednesday night, I skipped Friday’s planned session and went to bed instead. By the way, how do you guys remember your swim plan? I ended up doing this:
Week 11 plan
Sunday: Easter Sunday so the pool’s closed. Sooooo, depending on the weather, I’ll either go out rollerblading or stay in and do some stationary biking.
Tuesday: Rest day
Wednesday: Swim, 850m (34 laps)
- 150m warm up, free
- 4 x 50m, kick – 1 slow lap, 1 fast lap, 15 sec. rest between laps
- 4 x 100m free, 3rd lap of every set in IM order, 20 sec. rest between laps
- 100m cool down, free
Thursday: Rest day
- See Wednesday swim
- Strength: Pushups, 10-8-6-4
- WOD: 15 min AMRAP
- 20 Air squats
- 15 lunges
- 5 Australian pull ups
What are you doing to keep in shape this week?