About a week ago, I received a comment on one of my posts from Valerie, author of the wonderful blog: atlantamomofthree, telling me that she was nominating me for a blog award she had recently created: the Beautiful Mama Blog Award.
- Use the award image in my acceptance post.
- List three things that I love about motherhood.
- Nominate other deserving mamas (as many as I want) and notify them that they have been nominated.
Top three best things about motherhood!
- What I love about being a stay at home mom: One of the things that I love, which is made possible by the 40 week maternity leave I am entitled to, is being able to see my son evolve every day. It’s crazy how quickly he changes and I would not want to miss any of his “firsts” for anything in the world.
- What I love about being a breastfeeding mom: I love looking at my little chunkster (his new nickname), with all of his rolls, his squirrel-like cheeks and double chin and know that I am the one who is responsible for it all. It amazes me that my body is able to produce exactly what my son needs to thrive for the first months of his life.
- What I love about being a mom: No matter how exhausted and sleep-deprived I can be, no matter how stinky the diapers, how explosive the blowouts, how frequent the spit-ups, no matter how cranky he can be and how frustrated I can get, no matter how difficult his tummy troubles, how intense the crying spells, no matter how much he fights sleep and how much more difficult it has become to go out, I would not trade this life with the one I had before. Because no matter how difficult it gets, all it takes is a smile, a laugh, a squeal of pleasure, a tiny pudgy hand holding one of my fingers, the regular breathing of my son when he falls asleep nursing in bed with me in the middle of the night… to forget all of the hardships that come with being a mom.
My nominees (in no particular order) are bloggers that I have been following for a few months now, most of whom actually found me first and allowed me to discover their blog by clicking the “like” button for one of my posts or leaving a comment.
- Metal Angel
- Daddy’s Girl Meets World
- A Day in the Life of Shareen A
- Person in Progress
- A Perfect Day for J
- Raising 5 Kids With Disabilities and Remaining Sane Blog
Ladies, I am always eager to see your next post in my reader. You make me laugh, make me cry and just plain simply make my day.