2. Potty training is going well. I’ve got a post in my drafts that I’ve been working on, but can’t seem to find the time to finish. Hopefully I’ll be able to update you all by Friday.
3. I’ve taken up crochet over Christmas holidays after receiving a set of crochet hooks and a couple of balls of yarn. (I’ve been meaning to learn for a while now). I’m currently working on a scarf now that I’ve got a couple of stitches down. It’s not perfect, but I’m quite happy with it considering I only learned how to crochet about a week ago.
4. Now that she has officially mastered thumb-sucking, Amélie has moved on to trying to roll from back to front. She is so close! Of course, she has decided to practice perfecting this new skill each and every time she is on her back. And no time slot is off limits; yesterday, she had an intense session from 10pm to 2am. It was fun…
5. I’ve been making my bread for about a month now and am still loving it. My sister got me a really wonderful breadmaking book for Christmas (the kneading technique in the book has seriously saved my wrists) and I am slowly working through it and trying the different kinds of bread and pastries that are presented.
6. This Thursday, Charles has a follow-up appointment with his allergist. I’ll be mentioning his reaction to the amoxcil he took a little while back. I’ll be commuting via train and subway with both kiddos. It should prove to be an interesting trip.
7. On Friday it will be Amélie’s turn for a medical appointment as she has her 4 month check-up.
8. A blogger I was following last year had written about her plan to do no-spend January last year. My partner have decided to take the challenge for January 2015. Besides paying the bills that need to be paid and tanking up when we need gas, we have budgeted 700$ for eating for the month (which probably means that we won’t be eating out). Other than that, we’re planning on not spending a penny more. I’m eager to see how it goes (ie: if 700$ is a reasonable amount and if we’ll be able to refrain from spending on other stuff).
9. I have started working on getting Amélie to fall asleep independently. Since she’s able to suck her thumb, I’m counting on that to be her method of falling asleep. I’m hoping that I won’t have to get in to full-blown sleep training mode, but if I do, I’ll be using PUPD like I did with Charles a year and a half ago.
10. Charles is still very much in love with his little sister and she loves him just as much. One of the pictures that was taken of them at a photo studio captures the sentiment very nicely, don’t you think?