Yesterday, Elliot hit the 8 month mark. What!?! This is my third child and I still can’t get over how quickly they grow. I don’t think I’m ever going to get used to it!
The little guy is working SO hard on crawling. He just really wants to be able to explore and follow his big brother and sister. But because of his determination, he face-plants very often. His head has quite a few bruises and prunes and over the weekend, he got a bloody nose after a particularly hard face-plant. Oh well, he keeps at it despite it all.
Last weekend’s tame weather has me optimistic that I’ll be able to go run outside soon(ish). In the meantime, the indoor track has reopened so that’s where I’ll go this evening!
My house is a mess. I really need to get it under control. I don’t suppose anyone could send me some motivation?
Yesterday, I received some cloth panty liners I ordered from a Canadian Etsy shop called Harp Diapers. They look and feel seriously amazing, I can’t wait to try them. Be on the lookout for a review post in a couple of weeks.
This coming Saturday will be our monthly movie night. I saw that Finding Dory was on Netflix so I’ll try to convince the kiddos that we should watch that.
It’s so great to see the kids growing up with so much love between one another. This morning, I walked in on them playing choo-choo.
Tonight, we’re eating chicken breasts. I’m not sure how I’m going to prep them or what I’m going to serve them with yet though.
This morning, my daughter decided to wear he favourite purple shirt and her Thomas the Train pyjama pants to go to daycare. Because, why not… LOL.
We’ve started having fun with bath time again. On Valentine’s day, I decided to put some pink food colouring in the bath water and the kids were totally nuts about it. Now, I let each of them choose the bath water colour and they love it.
Today is a run day. I can’t wait to get out on the track once the kids are in bed!
Elliot is currently nursing a cold and teething (yay…). His upper right central incisor is working on poking through right now. He’s been in a pretty good mood despite all this and we’ve been getting by on saline drops, the snot sucker and some Advil at bedtime to get through it all.
I’m working on a new series called “My Favourite Things” in which I will write about some of the things that make the different aspects of my life easier/more pleasant. Look for the first post coming up next Monday!
Tonight, I’m planning on making a casserole with yesterday evening’s leftover rice and italian sausages. I’ll probably heat up some delicious leek soup that’s sitting in the freezer to go with it. What are you eating for supper tonight?
After a weird couple of Winter months, we’ve come back to normal Québec winter temperatures. I have to say, though I could do without the freezing rain, I wouldn’t mind getting back to the milder temperatures.
After reading Valerie’s post about and Etsy shop that makes pocket cloth pads, I decided to look into getting some cloth panty liners for myself. I found a Canadian shop on Etsy that makes cloth pads that make the geek in me happy (think Star Trek, Dr. Who, Legend of Zelda).
This Saturday, my dad’s going to be accompanying Charles to gymnastics while I go out with my mom and sister (Elliot will be tagging along). Charles is going to go absolutely nuts when he sees that he’ll be going along in his grandpa’s pickup truck!
I think I’ve finally found a solution to my itchy scaly psoriasis laden scalp: castile soap! I used it first a few days ago as a last ditch attempt at trying to have a non-annoying head and again today. So far, so good.
The morning routine went surprisingly smoothly today. No tears, no exasperated mama. Heck, I even had time to take a shower!
Since doing our movie night last Saturday, Charles has been asking me every day if we can watch a movie together. Tonight, I’m putting stickers on the calendar with him so he can know when to expect them.
1. I started week 5 of the C25K running program this morning. It felt great!
2. Charles has recently discovered how to remove his diaper (which he only wears at night now). After waking up in a wet bed a couple of times, I started putting a washable diaper cover (with snap buttons) over his disposable nighttime diaper. So far, it has worked well.
3. I’m thinking of opening an Etsy shop in September. Right now, I’m working on getting a few samples ready for a giveaway so that I can determine a pricing and see if opening a shop would be worthwhile or not.
4. I finished Dragon Age: Inquisition about a week ago. I really liked it, but found that it was hard to understand what the main quest was (it took me 20h of play before I figured it out). Now I restarted Dragon Age: Origins, and plan on buying and playing Dragon Age 2 so I can replay Inquisition.
5. I started watching Dr. Who a while back on Netflix and am really enjoying it.
6. Now that Amélie can pull herself up, she is almost only content when she is on her feet.
7. Tonight, we’re eating chicken fried rice. What are you having for supper?
8. Yesterday, we had salmon and Charles asked for seconds. Seconds! I never thought I’d ever get him to like salmon, but it seems to have happened.
9. Despite the fact that he hasn’t used it often, Charles has become really quite good with his balance bike and can go for longer distances now.
10.For those of you who are curious, this is what Amélie’s zombie drag looks like.
Are you doing Ten Thought Tuesday today? Link your post in the comments section!
1. It’s Christmas Eve and we are definitely going to have a white Christmas which is awesome. The last time we had so much snow, I was still living with my parents.
2. I’m almost finished with gift-wrapping. I love doing this!
3. The little guy has a new favourite activity: climbing onto our bed. It’s actually quite impressive to see!
4. Do you guys know about songza? It’s a great resource with ready-made playlists with a whole bunch of different themes. Of course, a Christmas themed playlist would be awesome at this time of the year.
5. I actually received the Etsy gifts I had ordered. So happy!
6. It’ll be interesting to see Charles’ reaction when he’ll be given gifts to open this year. I’ll be sure to snap some shots and take a couple of videos!
7. I’ve been meaning to write something for the past three TTTs, but I keep forgetting what it is. Maybe I should write it down the next time the idea pops into my head.
8. OH! I should tell you guys, I’m on Pinterest now (I should have created an account aaaaages ago). You can find me here. I haven’t got much going on yet because I’m only going once a week (you can seriously spend hours on there!).
9. You know that song “All I Want for Christmas is my Two Front Teeth?”. Well, all I want for Christmas is for teething to stop momentarily. The little guy’s first cuspid cut and the second one is on its way!
10. Last but not least, I hope you all have a great Christmas. Stay safe and have fun! Take care, everyone!
11. I saw this quote on my calendar and thought is was very appropriate:
Your children need your presence more than your presents.
1. I wanted to post about it when it happened, but I passed the one year mark in blogging a little over a week ago. I’m really happy because blogging has allowed me to connect with some really wonderful people.
2. There’s a million thoughts coursing through my head these days and about as many drafts in my draft folder, however, I’m struggling with blogging these days. Perhaps it’s because I’m tired and in need of my Christmas break.
3. I just went shopping! Actually took some time for myself and bought some clothing! I guess starting a new job in January gave me the motivation to go (I’ve been meaning to buy a couple of new things for months now, but I hate shopping for clothes).
4. We had quite the snow storm last weekend, it was awesome to wake up to 35cm of snow!
5. It’s been freezing since the last snowfall though, around 35 (Celsius) below with windchill. Brrrr.
6. This week, we’re having pork tenderloin with a mandarin glaze and slow-cooked baby back ribs. It is going to be YUMMY!
7. I had a nice romantic dinner with my partner on Saturday evening. We went out for fondue.
8. I’ve finally sent out a package that’s been sitting around on my kitchen table to a friend. It’s not going to get there in time for Christmas, but it’s ok because she’s not expecting to receive anything 😉
9. Speaking of Christmas, I’ve got all my gifts ordered, but some of the things I got from Etsy haven’t arrived yet. Probably stuck at the border…
10. The little guy is really awesome at walking now. He is getting more and more confident (and quicker lol) and rarely crawls now. It’s crazy to think that just one year ago all he could do is cry, fill his diaper, nurse and sleep!
1. Well, I’m a day late with this post, but I have a good excuse. I was the lucky recipient of the stomach flu yesterday, so I was in no shape to do anything other than sleep and attempt to remain hydrated.
2. I’m better today, but I’m happy I’m not working, I drove my son to daycare this morning and I’ve been working on disinfecting the house.
3. I received my Allerject tester the other day and have tried it out a few times. I was surprised at how hard you actually have to press the device against your thigh.
4. I also received the sleep sack I ordered from ladycjayne‘s Etsy shop. It is ADORABLE. Can’t wait to get my son in it!
5. I brought my car to the garage to get my winter tires on and get my oil changed, except I forgot my tires at home…
6. I’m happy to announce that Valerie is the winner of the Beltlock that was up for grabs! I’ll be sending it your way as soon as possible 😉
7. Last weekend we tried out some awesome games that my co-worker and I bought for our school. Among our favourites were: Wazabi and Beat the Buzzard.
8. The little guy took a couple of steps on his own yesterday at daycare!
9. I’m going to need to look into which toddler formula to buy for the little guy. The pediatric allergist told me that he’d need some until he is 2 years old to get enough fat content since he can’t drink cow’s milk. I also need to figure out how much he needs per day…
10. Little Dude’s 1st birthday is in two days! Can you believe it? Time goes by so quickly!
Finally! After ten days of the flu and its symptoms bringing me down, I am finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel!
The little guy is also back to his usual smiling and exploring self as has become apparent by the new bruises he is sporting on his legs today. *Sigh* he really MUST climb on everything…
I am super excited because this week, I’ll be reviewing a product I received and will be hosting a giveaway. Woot!
Just as Little Dude has grown out of his sleep sack, I found this awesome one via Etsy. Can’t wait to give it a whirl! It’s going to be in a very cute and bright dinosaur print.
This Friday is going to be an awesome day. First off, it’s my mom’s birthday. Plus, I’ll be posting my group post on the best and worst teething toys and relief options. If you would like to participate, just check out the end of this post and shoot me an email.
Yesterday we had some pretty yummy cod fishcakes and today we are having pasta. What are you eating for supper tonight?
We’ve recently been watching Masterchef Jr. and I am impressed by how well those 8 to 13 year olds cook!
I managed to finish Dan Brown’s Inferno this week and really liked it!
Sadly, NaNoWriMo is a no-go. With the flu that kicked into high gear at the beginning of November, I just didn’t have the energy to give it a go. Amanda, from Writing in White was giving it a go too, though if you want to hop over her blog and encourage her!
Our bath plug mysteriously disappeared a couple of days ago after my son decided to use the washroom as his playroom and the toilet (which had been left open by mistake) became his new favourite object…