iPad camera + squiggly toddler = blurry pics. But you get the picture 😉
Needless to say, he was one VERY happy toddler when he saw himself in the mirror.
The costume was very simple: A Batman T-shirt over a blue long-sleeved shirt, the cape from his pyjamas (I just stuck some adhesive velcro to the shirt for the cape to stay put), a diaper cover over the top of black leggings (tho only thing I bought) and his yellow rainboots. Oh and the cap! It was was made by my brother’s girlfriend. ❤
I wasn’t planning on buying a costume for baby girl, but when I saw this at the start of the month, I knew I HAD to buy it. It has been used as transitional “coat” over her clothes for when we go out in the cool Autumn weather.
Anyone want to rub her belly? 😉
I know, I know…I already did a random thoughts post on Tuesday, but I have more to share!
First the mystery: this is the second time in as many weeks that I’ve left the house to drive Little Dude to daycare with the garbage bin at the end of my driveway waiting to be emptied and have come back to it empty and back in its place beside the recycling bin at the other end of my driveway. Since both my brother and partner have assured me that it was not their doing, I’m forced to assume it is either the work of a kind neighbour or a poltergeist who happens to be the black sheep in his family. I’m thinking it’s a poltergeist.
Baby girl is sleepy, cuddly and irritable today, but that’s because she had her two month vaccinations yesterday. She would have undoubtedly slept through the night (from 7:30 to at least 6:30) had I not chosen to nurse her at 5am after having been awoken by some engorgement issues… She seems to be reacting well though, the injection sites are neither red nor swollen and she has not run a fever.
Tomorrow is Halloween (duh!) and if the weather’s ok I’m thinking of going out and walking with the little guy so that he can see the trick or treating kids. I’m not ready to allow him to go and pick up candy though. When did you first allow your kids to go ask for candy on Halloween?
I’ve found an old Osterizer blender for sale in my area! I’ve contacted the seller and am going to pick it up tomorrow after baby girl’s 2 month well checkup.
- Tomorrow, I’m going to the Children’s hospital to see the pediatric allergist with Little Dude. Finally!
- I’m hoping that the appointment will bring more answers than questions.
- November is coming fast and right now, two novel ideas are bouncing about in my head. I need to choose SOON.
- November 1st is also the date at which I’m posting my post on toys. I’ve received two awesome submissions so far, but I would love to get more. For more details, check out this post.
- My attempt at making my son’s costume was a major fail, I’ll have to find something to do with his clothes for Halloween.
- I really need to write back to the two wonderful bloggers who sent me postcards about a month ago…
- …I also need to post their wonderful postcards on my blog.
- The little guy has started jumping. Yes, jumping as in feet off the ground. He has also taken a few steps on his own, but only when he thinks we’re not looking.
- I have no idea what we’re eating tonight given that I forgot to thaw the meat we needed…
- Just played bananagrams with a couple of students. I absolutely love it because it resembles Scrabble, but it doesn’t take forever to play.
That’s it for today. Look for an update post in the next days following our appointment with the allergist.